Wednesday, November 14, 2018

An Introduction

Hello everyone!!! Welcome to my blog! I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to you, and give you an idea as to what this blog will include.

My name is Shelby Segarra, I am 18 in just a few months (finally legal!!), and I am currently enrolled in AICE Media Studies. Most people look at me and just think, “white”, but much to their surprise, I am actually Puerto Rican, Italian, and Irish. I view myself as an intuitive person; I find that it's very easy to read people and situations. In my friend group, I am overwhelmingly known as the “therapist” friend because everyone always seems to come to me for advice (even though sometimes my own life is a disaster). The MOST important thing to know about me is I LOVE to perform. For as long as I can remember theatre and all things music have been the root of my existence. The stage has always been a second home for me. It’s a place where I find comfort and confidence. The only thing that makes me happier than being on stage singing is sleeping! LOL! All jokes aside, performing is the way I release the toxicity in my life. Because of this and my natural intuition, I hope to go to college to study Musical Therapy. This will be a way in which I can pursue two of the things I enjoy most: Music and Psychology. If all goes well, I will attend FSU in the fall of 2019 (fingers crossed😁)! Along with singing, I thoroughly enjoy writing. Whether it be a song, poem, or journal entry, I find that writing helps me cope with my emotions and allows me to put them in a safe place. Being a performer means I can understand what it’s like to put on a show; however, I’ve never really been on the other side of the camera before. I signed up for AICE Media Studies to help expand my knowledge on media production. Performing has always been something that’s come very easy to me.  Although I understand what it’s like to make someone else’s story come to life, being behind the camera and watching other people make MY story come to life is going to be challenging. I hope that this experience will help to not only make me a better performer, but also will help me find my voice as a filmmaker/writer.

Now to cover exactly what I hope this blog will consist of! As our portfolio project for AICE Media Studies, we have to create either a film opening, or a magazine spread. My group and I decided that we could all show off our talents and creativity best by choosing to do a film opening. We haven’t quite decided what we are going to do the film opening on yet, but I know whatever we decide will be great! Throughout the journey of creating this film, I’m going to utilize this blog to share with you the process of creating the film.

I hope that you all enjoy my blog posts and continue reading!

Until next time,

Shelby 😊🎤📽

No comments:

Post a Comment