Sunday, February 17, 2019

Hey Blog! It's me again. So, a few updates on my life: 
1. States is coming up and I'm super excited!
2. Recently we had to do a music marketing project with a group for AICE Media Studies; I am actually super proud of the outcome of the project and the music video we made.  
3. I AM GOING TO BE 18 SOON WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!
  Okay back to the topic of this post sorry; On to the music marketing project summary....

Summary of Project
So basically the project was meant to show us how to properly create and market something. We were given songs to choose from, and after choosing a song we had to create a new artist and market them through a campaign and music video. The song my group chose was called, 'Mountain At My Gates', and it was originally by an English, indie rock group that goes by the name, 'Foals'. We changed the name of the band to S.O.L.E. (each letter represented a band members name- Sam, Ollie, Leo, and Ester). Mountain At My Gates was about being face to face with obstacles so we ended up deciding that we wanted our main character in our music video to be pregnant. We felt that this idea was good because we were discussing a topic that matched our target audience (ages 16-25).  After we chose a topic for our music video we were able to make it and do a photoshoot of the band for marketing purposes.  After making the video we started on the marketing side of our project.

CLICK BELOW TO WATCH OUR MUSIC VIDEO!!↓↓↓



Research and Marketing
When researching for our project we had to find information on our case study and develop a baseline for our target audience. Our case studies were 'The Black Keys' and 'Foals'. Both these groups are signed to Warner Bros Records and are Indie Rock bands. The Black Keys have been around longer and are a little older than Foals. However, Indie Rock bands target audience is typically 16 to 25 years old. After finding all the information necessary to create our actual project and after making the music video we we totally able to work on the marketing side of the project. One of my group members, Reem, made a website to advertise our band. Within the website there was different pages such as 'Meet The Band', 'Tour', and 'Merch'. Within the Meet The Band section there was made up information on each of our band members (its not very serious information, Reem made it kind of silly LOL). The 'Merch' was linked to a website with merchandise that I made such as:

                                                        

A Conclusion
Overall, I really enjoyed this project! It was a lot of fun making the video itself and I was super proud of the video we created. I feel the project helped me expand my knowledge on how to produce a video and to market not only the video but create a whole marketing campaign. I especially feel that the planning of the music video helped to advise me on how to better create my portfolio project in a more sufficient and timely manner. Along with this I also think that creating the video helped to get our creative juices flowing. I now feel ready and excited to create my portfolio project and I can't want to share my progress with you blog!

Until next time,


Shelby 😊🎤📽

More Pictures of the Band:

















No comments:

Post a Comment